Community Services – Crossing Into 2015
Community Outreach Ministry [COM] has been renamed ‘COMMUNITY SERVICES’ so that we can embrace and create more platforms to serve a larger community. Praise the Lord!
2014 has been an incredible year of growth for the ministry. As we advance into 2015, it is good to pursue God wholeheartedly for a new direction in order to start the year with a whole new motivation whilst reflecting and learning from past errors.
A primary component for success in 2015 is remembering the importance of perseverance. In Luke 8:15, the Parable of the Sower, it was stated that only by perseverance that an individual reaps success.
We are pleased to share with you the progress that has taken place in the past months and some of our new initiatives.
We have inaugurated a new ministry under Community Services called ‘ELDERCARE MINISTRY’ which is supported by five initiated sub-ministries:
– Home Help: A practical support to meet the basic needs of the elderly.
– Transportation: A service to provide mobility to elderly who is physically weak or without family support.
– One Meal a Day: A gesture to provide home-cooked meal to the community who is in need.
– Welfare Assistance: A service to provide the elderly with proper information and the necessary assistance to available government benefits as well as aids.
– Befriender: To provide love and support to the homebound elderly through regular home visitation.
We are celebrating Jubilee in a big way by launching ‘FEED 5000’ into the community located in our vicinity; Redhill Close, Henderson Road, Mei Ling Street, Stirling Road, Commonwealth Crescent including a new area at Ghim Moh Road covering 3 HDB blocks with 2-room rental flats.
On behalf of Community Services, we want to thank all of you for labouring together with us in God’s vineyard. May the Lord bless you with good health, a fulfilling ministry and opportunities to touch many more lives for Jesus Christ in 2015.
For more information on Community Services, please click here.