Deeper Life Course
Deeper Life Course: Esther – Embracing God’s Providence
The book of Esther, set in the Persian period, narrates the story of a woman and her role in the reversal of fortunes of the Jewish people in exile. It is a well-loved book. The richness of story contents resonates with modern audiences: the battle between good and evil, a beautiful and courageous young heroine, and an arrogant and scheming villain; poetic justice and a good ending. One unique feature of “Esther” is that the name of God does not appear in the book. Was God present or absent? What can we learn from the author’s intended ambiguity on the role of God in this story?
At the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Identify the central theme in the book of Esther
- Outline the basic structure
- Describe the key characters and events
- Articulate the significance of the Purim festival
- Explain the overall message and its relevance for believers today
Come and join us to find out what can be gleaned from the book of Esther.
Dates: 23 & 30 October (Saturdays) | 10am-11.30am
Venue: Via Zoom | Trainer: Mah Sook Cheng
Registration (by 18 October): https://tinyurl.com/deeperlife2021